Thursday 23 August 2012

Queenstown.

Turns out two weeks of little sleep, constant drinking, and eating nothing but burgers (burgers here in NZ are the best I've ever had), and pub food will make you sick. So far it's just a stuffed nose and sore throat, and luckily I've only got one more night on the bus before heading back to Auckland.

Queenstown is awesome, I only have one night here. I really wish I had more, Queenstown feels like a much cooler Banff. Once again ski town but everyone walks around in t shirts. There seems to be more bars and more restaurants and more to do. It sits on a huge lake surrounded by mountains and with the lack of snow in the town there's so much to do other than ski. Mountain biking, luge, bungy jump, canyon swing, boating, golf all sorts of stuff. Me and the other guys went to Fergburger, which everyone told me i had to go to while in New Zealand, it was really good but a bit over hyped. Its open 22 hours a day and its always at least 30 minute wait. Afterwards Andy I took the gondola to one of the mountains to get a few photos and a few beers. My last night out we went to the base hostel bar, which was like any other base hostel bar. Next we went to The World Bar a pretty cool bar a few friends recommended it. They serve drinks in tea pots and there's cool shit on the walls, but it was pretty much like any other bar. The bars were pretty busy considering it was a Tuesday, Josh our driver says it's like this pretty much year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment